Dream Clean Car Wash is a growing, locally owned car wash and detail center in the Chicagoland area. We are customer-centric, fun, engaging and our goal is to provide an excellent car wash while providing value to the customer by saving them time and money. We are looking for a Car Wash Maintenance Technician who shows expert knowledge of various disciplines of the maintenance and repair of car wash equipment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for performing daily functions related to equipment maintenance, and repair for car wash facilities in an assigned geographic territory. Provides input to leadership while following service policies, procedures, and processes. Takes the initiative to ensure both short-term and long-term tasks and goals are completed. Flexible in contributing to the team’s efforts in caring for the customer. Professionally represents the company, supporting its overall mission, values, and philosophy.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and tests car wash equipment and related components.
- Identifies parts for replacement or replacement of components.
- Purchases items or places orders for items needed to complete maintenance or repair work as authorized by the customer.
- Continuously develops and expands knowledge of chemicals, parts, materials, supplies, services, components, and equipment.
- Ensures that all time and materials are accounted for
- Focuses on quality service. Minimizes errors and re-work by focusing on details, checking results, and ensuring accuracy.
- Follows safety and security guidelines and sets a safe work example for others.
- Maintains the customer’s worksite by leaving it clean, neat, and organized.
- Acts as an on-call technician for emergencies according to the team schedule.
Shipping and Receiving
- Participates in ordering materials and supplies as needed.
- Oversees the shipping and distribution processes, utilizing the most cost-effective shipping methods.
- Delivers items to sites as needed.
- Takes initiative to ensure timeliness for the team is considered when placing and coordinating orders.
- Maintains the inventory of materials needed to perform anticipated tasks. Appropriately uses and manages company resources.
- Establishes effective documentation, communication, and reporting processes to ensure the team is kept informed of positive and negative factors impacting the territory and the business.
- Participates in periodic team meetings.
- Acts as liaison for the team, vendors, and service providers. Represents the company in a professional manner and appearance.
- Develops communication links and interfaces internally with Sales Representatives, Warehouse Manager, and Technical Service Manager, as needed, to perform daily tasks.
- Travel as necessary to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Contributes to the positive team efforts of the territory and the company.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive company information and customer data.
- Acts upon critical issues immediately within the position’s authority and asks for assistance/decision-making from the Manager.
- Suggests ways to do assigned tasks more efficiently and effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical school education preferred but not required.
- General mechanical ability necessary.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses repair, & maintenance.
- Understanding pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, and pumps is helpful.
- Experience in car wash operations and related customer service preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, and demonstrated effectiveness in car wash equipment maintenance and repair.
- Familiarity with the car wash industry’s standards, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks and goals.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to exercise creativity and latitude for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, performing complicated tasks.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attentiveness to details and basic mathematical and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology in performing key tasks and becoming more efficient.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems effectively.
- High sense of organization and orderliness.
- Customer service skills and sensitivity to timeliness in meeting the customer’s needs.
- High energy level.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standing - Moderate to high level.
- Climbing and climbing of ladders – Moderate level.
- Crawling – Moderate level.
- Walking – Moderate to high level.
- Sitting – Low to moderate level.
- Squatting/Kneeling – Moderate Level.
- Lifting – Up to 100 lbs.
- Push and pull patterns of motion using extremities.
- Visual Concentration – High Level.
- Hearing Concentration – High Level
- Environment – Car wash sites and daily travel.
- A willingness to work on car wash installs and repairs out of town.
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm; however, flexibility when it comes to maintaining keeping sites open and operating.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with clean motor vehicle history.
- Dream Clean Car Wash requires that you keep a professional, safe, and neat appearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)